|Lenovo Thinkpad T430
OfficeConnectTEW-432BRP532h-2807Versa 6030xVersa 62307020CT753DFTecra 8000Tecra 8100Tecra 8200A900AL1706F5D8233-4D530 CMTOpti. 755CPx J750GTDGS-108Dim. 5150DI-604 #1DI-604 #2Corega 8pE790EBR-2310Perfe. 1250Evo D510PCG-FR130NM SpiritHL-L2360DWLaserJetG3/350G3/600IntelliStationLM M133STML-1675541cA1320nPowerbook 180Powerbook 520cPowerbook G4Pentium DSat. Pro 420CDTT400T410T42pT430T500T61Zenith XTZ433D
You are here: Firealarms Index > Computers > T430 |
Despite being pleased with it, my T410 was showing some age, so I decided to replace it with this.
Initially I was hesitant to go with a machine this new. Lenovo changed the keyboard starting with the Tx30 series, and I am not a fan of it. I decided I could live with this, although it wasn't long before my fears were realized and the keyboard began to fall apart. I've since added an external keyboard, and when the trackpad failed I added an external mouse and disconnected it. Overall the system itself works nicely, however.
Processor: Intel Core i5-3320m @ 2.6 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Here's the incredibly complicated hard drive setup:
- Samsung PM841 SSD-Boot drive
- Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB-Primary file storage (a WD Blue 500GB drive is in place whenever the 750 doesn't work, which is often unfortunately)
- Vantec NexStar CX+Seagate Barracuda 2TB-Video storage
- 100 GB Maxtor OneTouch II-Backup storage for unimportant and small things
- Western Digital MyPassport Ultra Metal Edition 2 TB-Backup storage
- Western Digital MyPassport Ultra 1 TB-Low End Radio file storage
- Western Digital MyPassport Ultra 500GB-Downloads from YouTube
- Toshiba Canvio 2TB-Backup storage for my video stuff
- Toshiba Canvio 1TB-ISO+VHD media storage
- Vantec NexStar 3.5" USB3 Enclosure+WD VelociRaptor 300GB-Website file storage
- Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB-Extra file storage
- SIIG 2.5" Enclosure+Seagate 320GB drive-More extra file storage
Yes, it has TWELVE HARD DRIVES!!! Well eleven and an SSD. And 23 USB ports, but whatever...
Display: 14 inch/1366*768 LED-backlit + External ViewSonic CRT
Keyboard is a Razer BlackWidow mechanical keyboard (yes, I know...it was on a half-price sale) and the mouse is a random cheap USB ball mouse.
OS: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (and whatever else it happens to be virtualizing)
Current status: In use as my main computer.